Enjoy a worry-free holiday from our wide-range of travel itineraries--be it from Asia-Pacific, Europe, America, or Africa. How does a Mediterranean cruise in summer or a Scandinavian trip in winter sound like? Experience culture first-hand and juander with us..
January - December 2019
One of a kind tour to the Treasures of Incas
TREASURE OF INCAS
12 days • $6116
- Lima: Experience the beautiful ‘City of Kings’ through the eyes of a Local Expert.
- Lima: In the artistic district of Lima, visit the workshop of a famous local artist.
- Lima: Over a hot chocolate or authentic cafe pasado, an expert barista spills the beans on Peruvian coffee.
- Sacred Valley: Visit the Centre for Traditional Textiles, meet with the founder, watch the artisans at work and admire vibrant weaving displays.
- Sacred Valley: Visit a Maras family who offer a variety of authentic and regional craft workshops.
- Sacred Valley: Witness the spectacular terraced salt pans, called Salinas de Maras.
- Sacred Valley: Discover the enigmatic experimental agricultural terraces of Moray, dating back to Inca time.
- Sacred Valley: Watch as a local shaman performs centuries old rituals of expressing reverence to the Earth.
- Sacred Valley: Enjoy stunning scenery from the panoramic viewing cars of the Vistadome train.
- Aguas Calientes: With a Local Expert, explore the cloud forest, visit a working tea plantation and an orchid farm.
- Macchu Picchu: Learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour.
- Machu Picchu: Join your Local Expert for a full day discovery of the enigmatic Lost City of the Incas.
- Sacred Valley: At a local camelid farm, meet llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare vicuña and enjoy an insight into how their soft wool is used to make beautiful woven textiles.
- Cusco: Join a Local Expert to explore the the Cathedral, Korikancha and Sacsayhuaman.
- Cusco: With a Local Expert, practice your bartering skills at a local market. Enjoy a fun challenge of purchasing items from the market (with money and a list supplied by your Tour Director) for the best prices possible. All purchases are later donated to local needy families.
- Cusco: Travel to the shores of Lake Titicaca aboard the Andean Explorer, an Orient Express like train journey through the great Andes.
- Lake Titicaca: Cruise the lake and learn about the lifestyle and customs of the local people, who bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes.
- Puno: Explore Sillustani to view the stone burial towers ‘chullpas’ that have dotted the shores since pre-Inca times.
- An expert Tour Director, at the pinnacle of their career, will guide you on your journey. Serving as your ‘travelling concierge’, this skilled guide will act as consummate organiser and be your ‘friend in a foreign land’.
- Enjoy the unique comfort of Insight’s luxury air-conditioned 40-seat coach, with extended leg room and an on-board restroom. It’s Business Class comfort, complete with complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy during your luxury coaching tour.
- A personal radio headset gives you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating insights and commentaries.
- At every hotel, you’ll be treated to seamless baggage handling with prompt delivery right to your door. Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi.
- With Insight Flourishes, from time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with local tidbits, each representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
- Lima: At the perfectly located J.W. Marriott, experience luxury ocean-view rooms, fabulous amenities and superior service.
- Cusco: The stylishly decorated, luxury and fascinating El Convento, is built atop ancient Incan ruins.
- Lima: Enjoy lunch at Amor Amar in a trendy, bohemian district.
- Lima: From the terrace of your restaurant, overlooking the illuminated ruins of a 1500-year-old pre-Inca pyramid, experience an evening of wine and exquisite created by one of the capital’s celebrated chefs.
- Sacred Valley: Experience a caja china lunch, a popular way to create a delicious meal in Peru, cooked in a wooden box.
- Sacred Valley: Delight in a Pachamama Feast prepared in an underground oven and served in an exquisite garden in Ollantaytambo.
- Cusco: Dine at MAP restaurant, one of the city’s most prominents restaurants, situated in the patio of the Museum of Pre-Colombian Art.
- Lima: Savour an inventive selection of Peruvian nouvelle cuisine on your Celebration Dinner at a beachside restaurant.
- 1 Welcome Dinner (WD), 11 Full Breakfasts (FB), 7 Lunches (L), 5 Dinners (D), 2 Highlight Lunches (HL), 2 Highlight Dinners (HD) and 1 Celebration Dinner (CD).
Day 1 Arrive Lima, Peru
On arrival at Lima International Airport, you will be met and transferred to your luxurious hotel in Miraflores, Lima’s most prestigious address. At 6:00pm join your Tour Director for a warm and friendly Welcome Reception and an opportunity to meet with your fellow travellers over drinks and a light meal. Hotel: J.W. Marriott ocean-view rooms, Miraflores Lima
Day 2 Lima ‘City of the Kings’
Experience the colonial and Inca influenced architecture of Lima through the eyes of a Local Expert as you are introduced to the beautiful ‘City of Kings.’ Explore the UNESCO listed Historic Centre of Lima; view the imposing Cathedral, and visit the San Francisco Monastery, with its shadowy catacombs lined with skulls and bones. Lunch is included in the trendy, bohemian district of Barranco at one of Lima’s most up-and-coming restaurants – Amor Amar. Afterwards, continue exploring Barranco, visit an artist workshop, then over a hot chocolate or authentic cafe pasado, listen to an expert barista spill the beans on Peruvian coffee. As evening falls, the restaurant terrace – Huaca Pucllana – overlooks the illuminated ruins of a 1,500-year-old pre-Inca pyramid. In contrast, the cuisine is ‘new Andean’, exquisitely executed by one of the capital’s celebrated chefs. Hotel: J.W. Marriott Ocean-view Rooms, Miraflores Lima
Day 3 Lima and on to Sacred Valley
Board your flight for Cusco and drive down to Peru’s Sacred Valley of the Incas. Stretching between the old Inca capital of Cusco and the legendary city of Machu Picchu, this was the fertile homeland of the Inca Empire. Visit the colorful Sunday market in the town of Chinchero – one of the most traditional markets in all of South America, where you’ll be surrounded by locals in their traditional dress, buying and selling their wares. Then, meet Nilda Callañaupa Alvarez, a Quechua and scholar, president of the Center for Traditional Textiles of Cusco and recipient of a TreadRight Foundation’s grant. Enjoy lunch with Nilda and learn about her mission to preserve traditional weaving techniques and why weaving in Peru is much more than an art form or a practical necessity. View weavers at work, learn about weaving patterns and Andean beliefs. Later, check into your luxurious resort and relax before the evening dinner at the hotel. Hotel: Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort and Spa
|Day 4 Exploring the Sacred Valley
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before heading to the little town of Maras to meet with a local family giving you the unique opportunity to learn the local arts and crafts of the region. Next, view the spectacular terraced salt pans dating back to Inca times, a patchwork landscape of pinks, tans and browns descending into the valley. In Moray, view the strange circular terraces – a sort of Incan amphitheatre said to have been used for agricultural experiments. Then experience a typically Peruvian and trendy meal – a caja china lunch of fresh vegetables and slow-roasted meat, all cooked in a wooden box. After dinner, witness a Pachamama Ceremony, or Payment to the Earth, as a local shaman performs centuries old rituals of expressing reverence to the Earth as a source of life. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy your resort’s facilities. Hotel: Tambo del Inka, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa
| Day 5 Journey to Machu Picchu
Start the day with a visit to the town of Ollantaytambo, a National Archeological Site, where the Incas fought some of their last battles against the Spanish conquest. Then settle into the panoramic viewing cars of the Vistadome train for the scenic journey to Machu Picchu, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Lunch is included upon arrival at your resort, reminiscent of an ancient Andean village. On the resort grounds, soak in nature trails winding past waterfalls and gardens as your Local Expert explains the fascinating cloud forest ecosystem. Discover a working tea plantation and the world’s largest private collection of indigenous orchids. What could be more enchanting than the vibrant Wak’anki, and the legend of a lovesick Inca princess whose sadness was transformed into colorful teardrop petals? In the evening, learn how to blend the perfect pisco sour before enjoying dinner at the hotel. Hotel: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
| Day 6 Mysterious Machu Picchu
Today, you have the entire day to discover the incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site of Machu Picchu, also recently named one of the ‘New Seven Wonders of the World.’ Meet your Local Expert for a walk through the enigmatic Lost City of the Incas. Hidden from the world until the American explorer Hiram Bingham stumbled across the ruins in 1911, this magnificent citadel is one of South America’s most famous sights. Learn about its history and the people who once lived there as you explore the site. Witness the great Temple of the Sun, Sacred Plaza and the intricately carved Intihuatana, believed to be an ancient sun clock. After an included lunch at the Sanctuary Lodge, there is more time to explore the archaeological site at your own pace, or perhaps visit the local town and browse its market. Hotel: Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel
|Day 7 Return to Cusco
Return by train to the Sacred Valley and let your taste buds be tempted by a Pachamanca Feast, a traditional Peruvian meal cooked underground. At a local camelid farm, get up close and personal with llamas, guanacos, alpacas and even the rare and precious vicuña. See how the soft wool from these South American ‘camels’ is used to make beautiful woven textiles. Arrive at your stylish hotel in Cusco, only steps away from the Plaza de Armas. Built atop ancient Incan ruins and situated around a 16th-century convent, your hotel is a veritable museum in the historic city of Cusco. Hotel: El Convento
| Day 8 Colonial Cusco
A UNESCO listed site, Cusco is a jewel of a city, brimming with ancient Inca archaeological sites and Spanish colonial style. Join a Local Expert to explore the city and its surroundings. First, visit the local market where you can practice your bartering skills. Next, see the formidable citadel of Sacsayhuaman made of gigantic boulders, followed by San Blas, Cusco’s artisan centre where you visit an unusual candle shop and learn of its importance to the locals. After some free time shopping on the Plaza de Armas, visit the Cathedral and the extraordinarily crafted Temple of the Sun at Korikancha, the most sumptuous temple in the Inca Empire. In the evening, dinner is served at MAP Restaurant, one of the city’s most reputed restaurants. Hotel: El Convento
| Day 9 Travel Aboard the Andrean Explorer to Lake Titicaca and Puno
Board the award-winning Andean Explorer for a unique journey between mountains, clouds and highlands, ending at the majestic Lake Titicaca and in whose path you will see the changing Andean landscapes among mountains, rolling plains, and the various weather of the area. The Orient-Express-style train offers you an exquisitely decorated space with the subtle, delicate style of the great Pullman trains of the twenties. It includes dining cars, a car-bar and an outdoor observatory. On arrival, transfer to Esteves Island and your lakeside hotel. Hotel: Libertador Lake Titicaca
| Day 10 The Floating Islands of Lake Titicaca
Cruise Lake Titicaca, the most sacred lake in the world of the Incas, to the famous floating islands of Uros. Here the local people bundle reeds from the lake to build floating platforms, houses and canoes. Learn about their lifestyle and customs before continuing to the island of Amantani, known for its weaving, stone carvings and gorgeous landscape. After an included lunch on the island, there is time to explore or purchase local handicrafts before returning to Puno where you have time to relax until dinner time. Hotel: Libertador Lake Titicaca
Day 11 Puno – Lima
Head out to Sillustani on the shores of Lake Umayo, where the ancient Colla people interred their kings and nobility in enigmatic ‘chullpas’ or funerary towers. After exploring these impressive burial grounds, enjoy a scenic drive back to Puno for your flight to Lima. Then, as the sun sets, be treated to a sensational seaside Celebration Dinner, where pisco sours are the cocktail of choice. With the waves crashing beneath you, savour an inventive selection of Peruvian nouvelle cuisine, with an emphasis on fresh seafood. Hotel: J.W. Marriott ocean-view rooms, Miraflores Lima
| Day 12 Depart Lima
Your South American adventure draws to a close. A departure transfer is included to Lima airport.
Enjoy the unique comfort of luxury air-conditioned 40-seat coach, with extended leg room and an on-board restroom. It’s Business Class comfort, complete with complimentary bottled water for you to enjoy during your luxury coaching tour. Included airport transfers at scheduled times on arrival and departure days.
Use of Information
We only collect information that consists of name, contact number, email address, residential address, and passport details. Rest assured that all these details are privately kept by World Juanderer for one-time purpose only, if and only if you avail services once, and not transferrable to any other client or business.
We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to protect the integrity of the site, to fulfill your requests, or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- YOUR HOLIDAY RESERVATION
On receipt of your deposit, subject to availability and at our discretion, World Juanderer will reserve your place on your selected holiday. A contract is only made between you and us upon your booking being confirmed and accepted by us.
Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Each package tour and its add-ons are subject to change based on the tour operators and number or participants in the tour.
- IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE YOUR HOLIDAY
3.1 World Juanderer reserves the right to change or cancel your booking in accordance with operating requirements or circumstances beyond its control.
3.2 If an alternative is not available or acceptable, you will be entitled to either a full refund of monies paid by you to us or transfer to another World Juanderer holiday without payment of any transfer fee.
3.4 If the change or cancellation is due to force majeure (i.e. circumstances like political unrest, war or threat of war, riots, bad weather conditions etc.), we will give a full refund of any monies paid to us less reasonable expenses incurred by us in respect of your booking.
3.5 World Juanderer is not responsible for the costs of any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations or rescheduling of any trip departure.
- HOLIDAY DETAILS AND CONDITIONS
4.1 With our personal experience in traveling and joining these tour packages, World Juanderer will do our best, at our discretion, to select accommodation, sightseeing trips, and transportation to give you good value for money.
4.2 World Juanderer constantly strives to improve trip itineraries and features. If such improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and to substitute hotels. World Juanderer is not responsible for any other travel arrangements affected due to our cancellations.
5.1 We will be entitled to keep for each account any interest earned on such monies.
5.3 All monies paid by you to us, whether in respect of the deposit or full payment, may be disbursed by us as and when we see fit, in respect of the services to be provided and/or fees payable under your selected holiday. The payment of a deposit or any other monies in respect of your holiday shall be deemed to be an authorization to disburse thereof as aforesaid.
- BOOKING YOUR TRAVEL
1.1 In order to reserve your holiday, you must inquire and get in touch with the Travel Specialist to check the preferred travel package. World Juanderer accepts the deposit as a first installment of the holiday price only once World Juanderer has confirmed the booking in writing.
1.2 Deposit and final payment will be converted to the local currency (if payment is non-Philippines Peso) at point of booking. Conversion is based on the prevailing exchange rate at time of full/balance payment and what is released by the Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas.
1.3 World Juanderer cannot guarantee special add-on requests nor will it assume any responsibility or liability if clients’ special requirements are not fulfilled.
2.1 If payment isn’t made by the due date, World Juanderer may assume that you have cancelled and World Juanderer will levy cancellation charges in accordance with clause 3 below.
2.2 Tickets and other documents will not be forwarded until we have received full payment.
2.3 In the case of Late Bookings made within 45 days of your departure from your home country, the full cost of the holiday will be payable immediately on booking and we reserve the right to provide all travel documents at the holiday departure point.